Are you struggling with your transition from military life to civilian life, and more importantly, struggling to find the job or career you should be doing? If you answered yes, you are not alone. Many veterans struggle with knowing what type of job or career they should move into after military life.
Now is the perfect time to inventory your goals and determine your career vision. Think about what you are passionate about, how you spend your free time, and what you enjoy. All of these things will help you decide and find the perfect career path for you.
Here are some questions to ask while you inventory your goals and determine your career vision:
- Think about what you are passionate about and make a list.
- Make a list of the people that inspire you.
- Make a list of the things that make you feel confident.
- Write down what success means to you and what it looks like to you.
- Write down your goals – 1 year, 2 year, 5 year, etc.
- Make a list of your strengths.
- Make a list of your weaknesses.
- Make a list of your skills and training, as they relate to civilian jobs.
Once you have completed your inventory, take those answers and look for similarities and patterns. Based on your responses, you will be able to set your goals, determine what career would be the best fit for you, and help you determine your next steps.
Explore your responses and research career paths that fit into your goals. Not only will taking an inventory help you in finding the perfect career path, but you will also determine if you need additional training, or perhaps you will find a career you never would have thought of.
Don’t struggle with finding the perfect career, instead, take an inventory of your goals and when done, your career vision will be clear.
Copyright: stylephotographs / 123RF Stock Photo