To create a successful veteran hiring process, you must first define your objectives. Many companies look to hire more military veterans, but few take the necessary steps to implement a true veteran program. When you define your vision, goals, and objectives, associated with the recruiting and hiring of veterans, you can then understand and clarify the entire process.
Here are some of the most important questions to ask when defining your objectives:
- What is our motivation behind hiring veterans in our company? It is important to be clear on the reasons behind starting a veteran hiring program within your company. Making sure you are doing it for the right reasons is critical to its success.
- How will hiring veterans into our company support and advance the overall success of the company? You must align your veteran hiring process with your businesses goals and strategy. It must fit in with your overall business strategy, including branding, and talent development.
- What are our company’s specific goals in implementing a veteran hiring program? Make sure that you are clear in defining your goals, including how many veterans will be hired, how you will raise awareness, and what will be involved in advancement and leadership with the program.
- What will success of the program look like? You must be clear about what success will mean and look like for your company. Does it mean increased sales, productivity, or employee satisfaction? Based on your goals set, you should have a clear idea of what success will be.
- What is our overall strategy in implementing a veteran hiring program? Your strategy should include everything from listing goals and objectives, to how to initiate the process and determining measurements of the program.
Once you have defined your objectives, you can then begin working on implementing your veteran hiring program. Make note of your resources, and tweak the process where needed. You can have a successful veteran program by answering these questions before starting.
Copyright: rawpixel / 123RF Stock Photo